We have mentioned RESHOOT R on social media several times by now but this is the first time there’s an actual piece here on the blog, why so you might ask? Well, to be honest, I hate doing previews of stuff that might be years away.
The game hasn’t got a release date just yet but it is indeed close and there have been several things lately that indicates such a thing.
Never heard about RESHOOT before? Well, RESHOOT R is the sequel but the first game came out in 2016 to much fanfare and acclaim, more about that shortly.
RESHOOT R is an horizontal Shoot ‘Em Up for the Amiga CD32/1200/4000 and their goal has not been a simple one – to do everything as good as possible and to set a new standard for Amiga games.
Have they managed to pull it off, only time will tell but based upon what I have seen so far I’d go as far as saying – You won’t be disappointed.
I have attached an old video below, the game has evolved further since this for sure, enjoyable nonetheless.
The Feature List…
- Developed exclusively for Amiga CD32, 1200 and 4000
- Handcrafted to your Amigas AGA-hardware
- Autofire option, high score-save to NV-RAM
- Multiple layers of organic fog-effects and smooth parallax scrolling
- More than 400 colours onscreen at once
- Steady 50 Hertz framerate for a smooth gameplay experience
- High-quality soundtrack and FX simultaneously
- Autofire, high score-save on CD32 NVRAM (also on Amiga 1200/4000 with nonvolatile.library from OS 3.1)
- Runs on basic A1200, A4000 and CD32 hardware, no expansions needed
- Tested on 68020, 68030, 68040 and 68060-CPU
- Amiga 1200, Amiga 4000 or CD32
- Joystick or CD32-compatible controller
- 2 MB Fast-RAM or more recommend
- Also runs on compatible Amiga-emulator (Windows, Mac, Linux and more)
I suggest you head over to their website and check out the pre-orders or maybe even buy the recently released Audio CD.
The final product will be released in both digital and physical form which means it is soon time to open your wallets again…
Why not have a look at the first game (RESHOOT) in the series while you wait for RESHOOT R?